Smart Beans

Beans is 29 years old. She has decided that now would be a good time to attend college for the first time in her life.

Her first assignment in Marketing 101 is to locate her employers mission statement and analyze it.

This is her exact answer that she turned in:


Well…. I have been with Lazy K for five years, as a salesperson. They have been in business since 1958 and thus far I can’t find a mission statement. I asked main location’s HR person that has been employed with Lazy K for 35 years and her answer was “What’s a mission statement?” Then I asked my store manager, daughter of the owners/part owner, she said “Oh yeah, we have one it is in the employee handbook.” She had the office manager find me a copy of the handbook. It included ten pages, some were upside down and repeats. However, they were nicely stapled. But, still no mission statement. I went back to my boss and she said “Don’t worry I will make one up for you.” At this point, I thought to myself, this is going to be the most entertaining assignment!

No comments: