What A Whiner

I recently took my 2004 Hodaka 750 cc motorcycle to The Lazy K for 20K mile service. After riding the bike some 40 miles back home, I noticed several things wrong with the bike. In addition to scratches on the bike that weren't there when I took it in, 2 Titanium bolts that hold the rear fairing to the frame were missing.

The idle mixture adjustment mechanism wasn't where it was supposed to be. I also noticed 2 left front pinch axle bolts protruding past the recess on the lower front fork. After removing these 2 bolts with my fingers I checked all the other bolts associated with the front suspension, only to find none of them torqued to factory specification.

Even the brake caliper mounting bolts had not been torqued to factory specification.

Upon removing the gas tank to retrieve the idle mixture mechanism, which was bolted between the gas tank and frame, the uppper fuel line hose clamp to the fuel shutoff was loose. I could pull off the fuel hose. The fuel tank vent hose clamp wasn't tight.

In addition to having to replace the titanium bolts the service department lost, I have to replace one of the brake caliper mounting bolts because the hex head is stripped out.

The Lazy K wanted me to bring the bike back to them, so they could make it "Right."

After endangering my life and safety, as well as the safety of others on Interstate 90, by not torquing to specification the bolts associated with the front suspension, as well as creating a fire hazard by not tightening the fuel line hose clamp, there was no way I would ever trust this dealership again.

The Lazy K didn't offer to trailer my bike back to them in its unrepaired and unsafe state, nor reimburse me for expenses if I was to have the bike trailered to them. Nor did they offer to replace the missing titanium hardware they lost.

This dealership obviously cannot service what they sell. By not fulfilling the service contract we agreed upon, not only have they perpetrated fraud, charging me $483.90, they have endangered my life and safety because of their negligent manner in how my bike was serviced.

As a result not only have I filed a Consumer Complaint with the District Attorney's Office, I've also written the AMA of which I'm a member and Hodaka Corporation. letting them know that this dealer has compromised them in regards to potential lawsuits, if I would have had an accident on the way home, an accident attributable to The Lazy K service departments negligence.

Don't buy a motorcycle from the Lazy K.

The quality of service a dealer extends towards its customers is a direct reflection on how that dealership feels about its customers.

The Lazy service technicians are incompetent. This dealership, by employing these kind of technicians shows how it feels about its customers, its customers safety and the lives of other motorists on our highways.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doh!

Should've sued the dealership in Civil Court.


Sounds like they either hire the droputs from Shop class, the mildly stupid that can't read a Factory Service Manual, or a combination of the two.

Anonymous said...

Obviously the Lazy K thought the only people who bought bikes from them were all as stupid as the people who work there. (Except for the bloggers of course!)

They fucked up on this one.

Anonymous said...

Not defending any dealrship of non-doing or wrong doing. This is not something rare or new to motorcycle owners anywhere. I have personally had my motorcycles both past and present scratched, not fixed or not even put back together properly. Bolts have been not placed where they were supposed to be ect. Furthermore I have even experienced the same problems with my brand new cars. Airfilter boxed have not been resecured, dipsticks have been found on top of the radiatior ect.. Hell I have even been fortunate enough to find a brand new cordless drill on my passenger seat of my last vehicle. So in closing I don't think that what this article is trying to accomplish is fair. Poor service is nothing uncommon at nearly all service shops even quick oil fill places. I feel for you if this happened. But it sounds like one bike was just simply a victim of 80+ degree temps and someone not paying attention to their work.

Anonymous said...

...or the Lazy K is full of tards.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should have fixed the bike yourself... Lazy ass!

Anonymous said...

Lmao. Couldn't have said it better myself..

Anonymous said...

Hey Stupid Phucks....

"By not fulfilling the service contract we agreed upon, not only have they perpetrated fraud, charging me $483.90".

Anonymous said...

Try the new dealership in town.You can watch your bike being worked on by trained techs and the offer free refreshments while you wait.

Anonymous said...

giant fucking yawn. if i wanted to listen to bitches complain about their bikes i would troll other forums. sister dick needs to stir it up a little.

Lester said...

Anonymous said...
"Hey Stupid Phucks....

"By not fulfilling the service contract we agreed upon, not only have they perpetrated fraud, charging me $483.90".

5/29/2007 5:18 PM"

You may spell Fuck here, we really don't care.

Anonymous said...

This blog is getting lame. I need more drama!

Anonymous said...

This blog is getting lame. I need more drama!

Anonymous said...

why would you keep coming back if they are supposly that bad. and i found out you're just some dumb disgruntle ex- employee. i've brought my vehicles there and i've bought parts there with no problems. but i'm not saying shit happens but no ones perfect so step off.